Ari Wald is the Head of Technical Analysis at Oppenheimer. He is without question one of the best Technicians in today’s markets. We’re lucky we got a full hour with Ari. He walks us through his process and then discusses how he is applying his methods to today’s markets. We talk about U.S. and foreign stocks, interest rates, Crude Oil, Gold and the US Dollar. This was awesome!
Ralph Acampora is the inaugural guest on Technical Analysis Radio. The legendary Technician tells us the story of Technical Analysis from the late 1800s, into the 1940 with Edwards & Magee, through his struggles in the 1970s and how we got to where we are today. Then we turn our attention to today’s markets where Ralph shares his thoughts on the current levels of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, why he think gold looks attractive and the longer-term direction of interest rates. This is a great kickoff to Technical Analysis Radio in what we hope can be something that adds value to investors all over the world.
A new kind of podcast specifically focused on Technical Analysis and practicing Technicians. While we will absolutely touch on general principles, methods, and trading psychology, but there are already some great podcasts that focus solely on philosophy. The core of what we discuss on the the Allstarcharts Podcast will be based on the current market environment, idea generation and risk management procedures.
Declaration of Principles
- We are here to discuss the behavior of the market and its participants
- We are here to show respect to each other’s opinions
- We are here to challenge each other’s conclusions if there is data that suggests differently
- We are here to explain our process to the audience in a clear format
- We are here to identify risk vs reward opportunities skewed in our favor
- We will not pretend the market is a soap opera and create narratives so we can sell ads
- We will not make outlandish predictions without risk management procedures
- We will not ignore an important market development in favor of a more popular one
- We are here selfishly to learn and grow as market participants
- We are here to win